We all want to save money. And we’d all like to know how to save on car insurance premiums. Here is a quick look at 10 ways you can pay less to a car insurance company now and in the future:
- Improve your credit score: Credit scores play a factor in your insurance score, which factors into your insurance rates.
- Look for additional discounts: Your carrier might offer paperless transactions or automatic drafting from your bank account that lead to lower rates.
- Change your coverage: Deciding on less coverage or lower limits means you’ll pay out less … until an incident takes place.
- Go multi-policy with your carrier: Most auto insurance companies have a multi-policy discount.
- Move: Sound harsh? Well, where your vehicle is garaged plays a large role in insurance premiums.
- Drive better: Sounds simple, but a clean driving record goes a long way. Steer clear from at-fault accidents and other violations.
- Go old school: Typically, an older model vehicle costs less to insure.
- Pay in full up front: Typically, you’ll receive a bigger discount for paying your total premium at one time.
- Look long-term: Choose an annual term over a six-month term for coverage. The longer your policy term the longer your current rate is locked in. Carriers may adjust your rate on renewal.
- Consider a Broad Form Named Driver policy: What’s that? In some states, you can insure only yourself in the vehicle you drive. Lots of limitations are at play here, so contact your agent to discuss.
Bonus saving tips
- Shop around: Premiums vary by company. Some companies cost less, some cost more. Get multiple quotes on rates.
- Install an anti-theft device: Not only are you less likely to lose your vehicle due to theft, some insurance companies offer a discount for having an anti-theft device on your vehicle.
At Dairyland, we feel strongly about your safety, and we promote that through our Defensive Driving Discount. Check out what you might be able to save today.
Also, make sure you have the coverages you need on the road.